For further information see the following resources, available on the Archives' website:
- Aboriginal Deaths in Custody: the Royal Commission and its records, 1987–91 (research guide)
- Commonwealth Government Records about the Northern Territory (research guide)
- Fact sheet 112 – Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody
- Fact sheet 113 – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Fact sheet 150 – The 1967 referendum
- Fact sheet 175 – Bringing Them Home Name Index
- Fact sheet 209 – Memorandum of Understanding with South Australian Indigenous people.
For records relating to the administration of Aboriginal people in South Australia prior to 1967, contact State Records of South Australia.