For further information see the following resources, available on the Archives' website:
- Fact sheet 92 – Customs Houses in South Australia
- Fact sheet 93 – Customs House, Port Adelaide, South Australia
- Fact sheet 94 – Excise control of distilled products in South Australia
- Index to the Register of British Ships.
For further information about South Australian customs service records relating to passenger records and immigration, see Chapter 10.
For further information regarding excise, brewing and distilling in South Australia, see Chapter 14.
For further information regarding alien control in South Australia, see Chapter 17.
For further records relating to customs in South Australia, including correspondence of the Colonial Secretary's Department and drawings of the Colonial Architect, contact State Records of South Australia.
- South Australiana photographic collection at the State Library of South Australia
- Glass Negatives Collection at the History Trust of South Australia.