For further information see the following resources, available on the Archives' website:
- How the Commonwealth has managed the defence of Australia
- Land, sea and air forces
- Boer War to Vietnam
- Service records
- Films by and about Australia's defence agencies
- War crimes, weapons trials, naval disasters
- Fact sheet 30 – Navy service records
- Fact sheet 54 – Veterans' case files
- Fact sheet 91 – Coastal fortifications in South Australia
- Fact sheet 132 – World War II Army pay files held in Adelaide
- Fact sheet 138 – Navy service records held in Melbourne
- Fact sheet 137 – Navy historical records files
- Fact sheet 160 – Universal military training in Australia, 1911–29
- Fact sheet 161 – Conscription referendums, 1916 and 1917
- Fact sheet 162 – National Service and war, 1939–45
- Fact sheet 163 – National Service, 1951–59
- Fact sheet 164 – National Service, 1965–72
- Fact sheet 177 – World War I and World War II service records
- Fact sheet 178 – Commonwealth Reconstruction Training Scheme administrative records
- Fact sheet 179 – Commonwealth Reconstruction Training Scheme applicants and trainees.
For further information about the Commonwealth Reconstruction Training Scheme in South Australia, see Chapter 7.
For further records relating to solider settlement in South Australia, contact State Records of South Australia.